Beef Brisket with Bella Terra Meritage
"This is a favourite dish I like to prepare on special occasions for my Dad. So rich and intense, pairing perfectly with the Meritage!" Trina Worthy - Customer Service
- 4 lbs Beef Brisket (ask your butcher)
- 1 bottle Pondview Cabernet Merlot Reserve
- 2 litres beef stock
- 4 - 6 med Shallots peeled and left whole
- 1 bottle Bella Terra Meritage
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp Herbe de Provençe
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 cup course sea salt
- 1/2 cup cracked black pepper
- Combine all dry ingredients and rub over beef. Wrap tightly and let sit overnight in refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 300 F. In roasting pan, add brisket and pour in bottle of Cab Merlot Reserve and beef stock.
- Place in oven and roast for 5 - 6 hours till fork tender.
- Remove brisket from pan and set aside. Place roasting pan on largest burner on stove top and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer to allow liquid to reduce. At this point, if you desire, you may thicken slightly with corn starch or a flour 'slurry' (1:1 flour and water premixed and whisked in slowly)
- Once beef is cooled, slice into pieces. Place back into liquid and reheat. Serve with your favourite garlic mashed potato recipe and Bella Terra Meritage.