Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
"Sorry mate, have to dash! We have a dinner party to attend!" is almost an everyday phrase heard of Keith, one of our sales associates. "Fantastic with the Viognier!" Keith Mills - Customer Service
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4-5
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. of carrots (6-7 large carrots), peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cups chopped white or yellow onion
- 3 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 large strips of zest from an orange
- salt to taste
- Chopped chives or parsley
- heavy cream
- fresh grated nutmeg
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat and cook the onions and carrot, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not let the onions or carrots brown. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt over the carrots and onions as they cook.
- Add the stock and water and the ginger the strips of orange zest. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the carrots soften, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the strips of orange zest and discard. Working in small batches, pour the soup into a blender or food processor and purée until completely smooth. Add more salt to taste.
- Garnish with a drizzle of heavy cream, chopped chives or parsley and a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg.
Recipe Credit: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/carrot_ginger_soup/#ixzz410SRsF2p