"Heavenly on a winters' day!"Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups (1 can) pumpkin
- 2 cups milk
Garnish : Creme Fresh or sour cream, whole nutmeg and cinnamon stick
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté 10 – 15 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add chicken broth, potato, pumpkin, salt and cumin. Simmer for 30 mins or until potato is soft.
- Purée carefully in small batches with food processor or blender until smooth. Return to Dutch oven, stir in milk and simmer for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Ladle into bowls and top with dollop of crème fresh or sour cream and resh grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
Serve with our Bella Terra Chardonnay