Stuffed Chicken Breast with Ginger Glazed Carrots
This recipe comes from our Operations Manager Joseph. Once in a while we will get a special treat and he will bring in this fantastic dish for lunch. We always try different wines to see what pairs best anytime there is new food in the winery. (yes work is hard here) We all agreed that Pinot Gris was the best companion. Fortunately for Joseph, this is his favourite. Joseph Barbara | Operations Manager
• 4 boneless, skinless breasts
• Small package of whole spinach leaves (at least 12 large leaves)
• Small tube of soft goat cheese
• Small package of blue cheese
• 1 ½ cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
• ½ cup Fresh grated parmesan cheese
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Place 3 – 4 large leaves of spinach to cover open chicken breast.
- In the centre, put 1 tablespoon of goat cheese and one tablespoon of blue cheese. Fold the chicken over and roll the breast ensuring the meat covers all of the cheese. You can tie with kitchen twine or use skewers to keep together while cooking if desired.
- Coat completely with mayonnaise. Toss bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together and then cover chicken breast completely with crumbs.
- Arrange on a lightly oiled pan and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 40 mins or till chicken is cooked (165 F internally) and is golden brown on the outside.
Ginger Glazed Carrots
• 3-6 carrots
• Fresh grated ginger
• ¼ cup Butter
• ¼ cup Brown sugar
• Salt and pepper
- Steam carrots to desired tenderness, drain and set aside.
- On medium heat in a shallow sauce pan melt butter then add sugar.
- Cook gently till it thickens slightly then add grated ginger. 1 -2 tablespoons are good but if you like more zip, go for it!
- Add carrots and toss gently then season with salt and pepper.
Serve with chicken with your favourite potato or rice dish. Enjoy!