MEGAN’S PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH SHRIMP
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon roasted or minced garlic
• 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, chopped coarsely (zucchini, broccoli, red pepper, mushrooms, eggplant, snow peas and yellow peppers)
• 8 ounces shrimp, frozen cooked peeled and deveined
• Squeeze of lemon, juice and sprinkle of lemon zest
• black pepper, to taste
• salt, to taste
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• Crushed chilli flakes, to taste
• ¼ cup PondView unoaked chardonnay
• 4 ounces grana padano or parmesan cheese
• 8 ounces your favourite cooked pasta
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic.
3. Sauté garlic for about 1 minute.
4. Add vegetables and sauté until just crisp-tender.
5. Add shrimp and sauté until just heated through.
6. Season lightly with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and chilli flakes.
7. Squeeze lemon juice over all (use the juice of half a lemon at most, as well as a sprinkling of lemon zest). Add in the other 2 tbsps of olive oil and the PondView Unoaked Chardonnay. Continue to cook about 2 minutes until liquid reduces slightly.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Toss vegetables and shrimp with pasta. Serve topped with parmesan cheese and additional chilli flakes if desired.